Come join our team! Gimme! Coffee is a specialty coffee roaster/retailer founded in 2000, with locations in NYC and Ithaca, NY. Baristas are responsible for creating an outstanding experience for all Gimme customers. Baristas work individually and as part of a team to provide excellent customer service, prepare high quality beverages, carry out store operations, maintain a clean and pleasant store environment, and constantly seek to further their coffee knowledge and improve their skills.
Summary of Key Responsibilities:
- Acts as a role model and on-the-floor leader for customer service, drink preparation, store cleanliness and organization, store atmosphere, and teamwork and respect.
- Communicates effectively and responds rapidly; ensures open lines of communication. Meets sales targets; constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Builds a strong store team; plans ahead for staffing needs; recruits, interviews, hires, and onboards new staff.
- Conducts appraisals and performance reviews; provides routine performance feedback and holds staff accountable for their actions through in the moment coaching; carries out appropriate progressive discipline and manages terminations.
- Organizes art shows and other customer-facing events that create community engagement.
- Attends regular management team meetings and labs, and communicates proactively with Regional Manager and Trainers about issues and opportunities.
- Leads by example an exceptional level of customer service; ensure that all staff provide excellent customer service, anticipate and respond to customer needs, and proactively resolve customer concerns.
- Expedites customer orders and line movement.
- Prepares and serves all beverages and supply recipes to standard, including espresso, bulk brew, manual brew, specialty drinks, and tea.
- Leads by example efficient workflow, service speed, and clean working environment.
- Continues to learn and share coffee knowledge and actively tastes coffees with staff; consistently tastes barista drinks and gives clear and specific feedback.
- Reviews and updates sales/labor targets daily. Schedules staff to meet store labor targets; plans ahead to ensure that store continues to meet targets during seasonal and staff changes.
- Orders food, coffee inventory and supplies as needed and follows company standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing products. Completes accurate and timely weekly inventory and sales reports. Monitors COGS and adjusts orders to meet targets.
- Upholds the values and mission of Gimme! Coffee.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Proven ability to manage store operations independently
- Proven ability to manage effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to act with a “customer comes first” attitude and consistently deliver and model service that meets or exceeds customer expectations
- Outstanding interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to effectively communicate clearly and concisely, speaking and writing
- Ability to lead, motivate, direct, and evaluate multiple employees
- Demonstrated leadership abilities and team-building skills
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and procedures
- Strong knowledge of the specialty coffee industry
- Strong barista experience in a specialty coffee environment
- 3 years progressively responsible retail, hospitality or restaurant industry experience, including two years of supervisory experience
Please email victoria.hantout@gimmecoffee.