Come join our team! Gimme! Coffee is a specialty coffee roaster/retailer founded in 2000, with locations in NYC and Ithaca, NY. Store Managers are responsible for the overall operations and performance of single retail cafe. This includes managing daily operations, staff selection and supervision, merchandising, inventory, drink quality, and customer satisfaction in order to meet financial and strategic targets for the espresso bar. The Store Manager must exemplify Gimme! Coffee's vision, mission, and values both as a supervisor (by developing and coaching store staff into a high-functioning team) and operationally (by working regularly on a live bar, optimizing store operations, and creating an outstanding experience for all Gimme customers).
Summary of Key Responsibilities
- This position directly supervises the Lead Barista and Baristas at their retail cafe.
- Acts as a role model for customer service, drink preparation, store cleanliness and organization, teamwork and respect.
- Communicates effectively and responds rapidly; ensures open lines of communication.
- Meets sales targets; constantly reviews store environment and key business indicators to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Builds a strong store team; plans ahead for staffing needs; recruits, interviews, hires, and onboards new staff.
- Collaborates with trainers and Lead Baristas to carry out in-store training for staff as needed.
- Conducts appraisals and performance reviews; provides routine performance feedback and holds staff accountable for their actions through in the moment coaching; carries out appropriate progressive discipline and manages terminations.
- Submits accurate, timely payroll and HR data, including payroll and time off calculations, hiring and termination paperwork, and other requirements.
- Reviews and updates sales/labor targets daily. Schedules staff to meet store labor targets; plans ahead to ensure that store continues to meet targets during seasonal and staff changes.
- Works in a sanitary manner; ensures that cafe meets Department of Health requirements at all times.
- Does deposits and bank runs; ensures that all cash-handling procedures are followed consistently.
- Upholds the values and mission of Gimme! Coffee.
- Follows all policies and procedures set by Gimme! Coffee
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor. The Employer retains the right to change or assign other duties to this position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills: active listening, social perceptiveness, and service orientation (actively looking for ways to help people).
- Excellent leadership ability: ability to recruit and motivate people, instill accountability, coach for performance, resolve conflicts productively, delegate, and develop high-functioning teams.
- Presents self professionally and demonstrates clear, calm, professional, and friendly communication with customers, vendors, and team members
- Ability to independently problem-solve, demonstrating sound judgement
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, adapt, and and work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Appreciation for coffee and ability to accurately distinguish different coffee tastes and aromas.
Experience, Education, and Training
- Extensive specialty barista experience preferred. Gimme Beverage Preparation certification preferred; must be able to rapidly pass drink certification.
- Two years progressively responsible retail, hospitality or restaurant industry experience, including direct supervisory experience, preferred.
To apply go to http://gimmecoffee.com/jobs
Gimme! Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, disability, religion, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, military status or veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, domestic violence victim status, predisposing genetic characteristic and genetic information, gender identity or expression, and any other status protected by law.