Come join our team! We're seeking a part-time Bakery Prep Assistant for our in-house bakery in Ithaca.The bakery prep assistant is responsible for measuring recipe components, weighing ingredients, portioning product, restocking inventory, delivering pastries, and cleaning, as well as other general bakery related tasks. Must be prompt and reliable with own transportation.
Krums Corners Bakery is the exclusive baked goods supplier for Gimme! Coffee, a specialty coffee roaster/retailer founded in 2000, with locations in NYC and Ithaca, NY. All pastries are house-made daily, and delivered to each of our Ithaca locations. It's a fun and fast-paced environment with opportunities for learning and advancement.
- Efficiently and accurately portions ingredients as per standardized recipes using gram scales, working within time allotted and according to specifications.
- Clearly labels and dates all prep.
- Assists in production of some baked goods, including, but not limited to: scooping muffins, mixing scone batters, filling fruit turnovers.
- Restocks product
- Assists bakers with basic tasks, as needed
- Organizes and prioritizes daily workflow
- Occasionally completes 20-60 minute local delivery
- Positively and comfortably handles and prioritizes multiple tasks at the same time
- Performs extensive routine cleaning tasks
- Non-smoker preferred, as keen tasting and smelling abilities are a key component of the job
- Ability to identify product by sight, smell, and taste
- Valid driver's license and excellent driving record
- Punctual and reliable
- Morning person: shifts start at 6:30am.
- Basic math skills
- Interest in baking
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to adapt and learn new procedures
- Close attention to detail
- Organized, efficient, excellent at multitasking without sacrificing accuracy, and able to derive satisfaction from repetitive tasks
- Ability to work positively as a component of the Bakery team
- Ability to be productive working independently as well as under close supervision
- Commitment to workplace safety
- Documentation of being at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in the United States
EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION and TRAINING
- Previous experience in a production baking facility preferred but not necessary
- Experience using scales
- Familiar with commercial bakery equipment a plus
Starts at $11.25/hr with a raise after 90-day training period, and an annual raise structure thereafter.
HOW TO APPLY:
1. Please go to gimmecoffee.com/jobs
2. Complete online application with "Bakery Prep" as your desired position
3. Attach a cover letter letting us know why you want to work with us and why you think you would be a good fit.
Gimme! Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.