Come join our team! Gimme! Coffee is a specialty coffee roaster/retailer founded in 2000, with locations in NYC and Ithaca, NY. All pastries are house-made daily, and delivered to each of our Ithaca locations. It's a fun and fast-paced environment with opportunities for learning and advancement.
The bakery production assistant is responsible for measuring recipe components, weighing ingredients, portioning product, restocking inventory, delivering pastries, and cleaning, as well as other general bakery related tasks. Must be prompt and reliable with own transportation.
- Efficiently and accurately portions ingredients as per standardized recipes using gram scales, working within time allotted and according to specifications.
- Clearly labels and dates all prep.
- Assists in production of some baked goods, including, but not limited to: scooping muffins, mixing scone batters, filling fruit turnovers.
- Restocks product
- Assists bakers with basic tasks, as needed
- Organizes and prioritizes daily workflow
- Occasionally completes 20-60 minute local delivery
- Positively and comfortably handles and prioritizes multiple tasks at the same time
- Performs extensive routine cleaning tasks
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS: Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Non-smoker preferred, as keen tasting and smelling abilities are a key component of the job
- Ability to identify product by sight, smell, and taste
- Valid driver’s license and excellent driving record
- Punctual and reliableMorning person: Shifts start at 6:30am.
- Basic math skills
- Interest in baking
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions and request clarification when needed
- Ability to learn quickly
- Ability to adapt and learn new procedures
- Close attention to detail
- Organized, efficient, excellent at multitasking without sacrificing accuracy, and able to derive satisfaction from repetitive tasks
- Ability to work positively as a component of the Bakery team
- Ability to be productive working independently as well as under close supervision
- Commitment to workplace safety
- Documentation of being at least 18 years of age and eligible to work in the United StatesExperience, Education, and Training
- Previous experience in a production baking facility or prep kitchen and training in food safety (e.g. Serve Safe Food Handler) preferred but not necessary.
- Familiarity with commercial baking equipment, including recipe scales, is a plus.
How to Apply:
Please go to gimmecoffee.com/jobs
Complete online application with “Bakery Production Assistant” as your desired position
Gimme! Coffee is an Equal Opportunity Employer.